White Chicken Chili
3 Cups water
4 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans one drained
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas) drained
1 (15 ounce) can corn drained
8 ounces salsa verde
1 Cup milk
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cilantro
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
8 ounces mozzarella shredded
- Add 3 cups water and 4 chicken bouillon cubes to a large pot. Heat until cubes are dissolved.
- Brown chicken in large skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to cutting board and chop when slightly cooled.
- Briefly add onion and garlic to hot pan (30 seconds is enough) and remove when aromatic, transferring to pot with broth.
- Add chopped chicken, beans, corn, salsa, milk, lime juice, oregano and cilantro to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Add cheese, remove from heat and serve.