3/4 Cup pecans chopped
2 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter softened
1/2 Cup light brown sugar packed
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toast pecans at 325 degrees for 7-8 minutes until brown.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg, oil and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour.
- Make into two 2-inch logs (about 9 1/2 inches long).
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut frozen logs into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place in upper 1/3 of oven. Bake 9-11 minutes until light brown.