1 gallon water salted
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces pancetta diced
1 tsp garlic diced
2 Tbsp white wine
1/2 Cup cream
1 tsp black pepper ground
1 pound linguini
1 Cup pecorino romano (or parmesan) grated
2 eggs separated
- Put the water in a large pasta pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the oil and pancetta to a large saute pan over low heat. Cook the pancetta until crisp, being careful not to burn it, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 5 seconds.
- Add the wine, cream and black pepper.
- Cook until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Drop the linguini into water and stir.
- When pasta is just undercooked remove it from the water and add it to the pan with the sauce.
- Gently stir for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add 1/2 the cheese and the egg white and stir, being careful not to break the noodles. Add the egg yolk and lightly toss.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl or platter and garnish with the remaining cheese. Enjoy.