3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 medium), peeled, cooked and hot
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese room temperature
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/4 Cup onions finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1 dash black pepper
1/4 Cup milk
1/4 Cup butter
- In large bowl, mash potatoes (use whip attachment on mixer!).
- When smooth, add cream cheese and butter.
- Beat well until cheese and butter are melted and mixed.
- Add sour cream.
- To eggs, add onion and mix into potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and as much of the milk as needed (depends on size of potatoes).
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Put into greased casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
*Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated overnight.
**Do not use a 'food processor' to whip the potatoes.