2 sticks butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup powdered sugar sifted
1 Tbsp corn syrup
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Add corn syrup.
- Sift flour and salt and add in gradually.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk if needed for stiff dough.
- Divide into 3 balls.
- Leave one plain.
- Add 6 drops of red food coloring to one.
- Add 6 drops of green food coloring to one.
- Mix in well.
- Divide each ball in half.
- Make about a 6-inch long roll out of each roll (6).
- Lay them next to each other and twist them a little. Fold the roll in half.
- Stretch out by rolling on counter.
- Roll should be about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cut 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.