Grilled Chicken w/ Brie & Baby Spinach Salad
If you need a quick and easy dinner to impress someone without much fuss, this should be a go-to. The flavors are complex, and there is really not much to it. Easy.
4 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
black pepper ground
4 to 8 slices brie
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 shallots chopped
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp honey
4 Cups baby spinach leaves
4 slices bacon cooked
- Preheat grill to medium-high and coat with oil.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic and herb seasoning.
- Add chicken to grill and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of Brie on top of chicken, and cook for another 1 minute, until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chopped shallots to the pan and saute. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Pour the warm vinaigrette over the spinach and toss to coat. Crumble the bacon strips over the dressed salad.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate or plate with spinach salad.