Foolproof, Flaky Pie Crust
- Put the flour and the butter into a food processor.
- Process until the mixture is in coarse crumbs and will stick together when pinched.
- Put the coarse crumbs into a bowl, and add 1/4 cup iced water all at once.
- Form the dough into a ball- when it just holds together, it is ready.
*HANDLE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE HERE!*
- Dust the dough ball with a little flour and wrap it in Saran wrap, then refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out.
Can be used for fruit and other dessert pies, and chicken pot pies.
For a truly crisp bottom crust, bake your pies on the lowest oven rack.
If your pie filling will be hot when you pour it into your crust, prebake the bottom crust for 10 minutes or so with tinfoil layered over it and pie weights in it.