Dutch Almond Cake
1 pound almond paste room temperature
1 Cup sugar
- Chop up almond paste and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and eggs and set aside.
1 pound butter room temperature
1 3/4 Cup sugar
3 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder and add to the butter mixture.
- Mix - batter will be very thick.
- Grease a 13x9 pan and spread half the cake batter on the bottom - you will have to use a spatula or clean hands.
- Spread the almond filling over the layer of cake and spread the remaining cake batter over the top.
- Bake at 350˚ for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and top with sifted powdered sugar.a