David Eyre's Pancake: 1966
This may be one of the most FUN recipes to make. The huge poof of a pancake that you're greeted with at the end, and a flavor that will remind you of the candy, Lemonheads, will put a smile on anyone's face.
1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup milk
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 pinch nutmeg
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the flour, milk, eggs, and nutmeg in a bowl. Beat lightly. Leave the batter a little lumpy.
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet with a heatproof handle. When it is very hot, pour in the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pancake is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and return briefly to the oven.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve with jelly, jam, or marmalade.