Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
1 pound ground italian sausage
1 pound penne pasta
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion minced
4 cloves garlic minced
1 Cup heavy cream
5 ounces baby spinach leaves
1 Cup parmesan shredded
1/4 Cup white wine
- Cook the penne pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the Italian sausage along with the onion, and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Bring to a simmer and add in the spinach.
- Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted, add the cream to the skillet. Stir the pasta into the sauce.
- Serve immediately.