2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of cream and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough forms, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to the countertop, leaving all dry, floury bits behind in the bowl.
- In 1 tablespoon increments, add up to 1/4 cup cream to the dry bits in the bowl, mixing with a wooden spoon after each addition, until moistened.
- Add these moistened bits to the rest of the dough and knead by hand just until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- On a lightly floured work surface, pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.