Cinnamon Roasted Nuts
2 tsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 Cups mixed nuts almonds, pecans, walnuts
1/2 Cup dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 250˚.
- Whip the egg white and water until it is foamy but not stiff. Add the vanilla.
- Add the nuts to the egg white mixture, stir until well coated.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, and stir again until well coated. The sugar should dissolve and the mixture should be goopy.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil, or foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (like Pam). Spread the nuts in a single layer across the sheet.
- Bake at 250 for one hour, stirring them around only once.
They will NOT be crunchy right when they get out of the oven, they get crunchier as they cool. Enjoy!
Healthier than they taste- there is NO butter in this recipe and very little sugar, but thanks to the vanilla they taste very buttery and sweet!