Cinnamon Nut Bars
2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Cups sugar divided
2 sticks butter chilled
2 1/2 Cups pecans chopped
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix flour with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- In a small bowl, beat one egg and stir into dough until well blended and smooth.
- With lightly floured hands, press and flatten dough into bottom of an ungreased jelly roll pan.
- Bake on bottom rack 12 to 15 minutes or until center is set.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 2 eggs.
- Stir in remaining cup sugar along with nuts, cinnamon and salt until well blended.
- Using a small, wet spatula, spread nut mixture evenly over crust.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars. Allow to cool in pan then dust with powdered sugar.