1/2 Cup onion chopped
1 pound chicken breasts cubed
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp water
1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
8 ounces sour cream
1 Cup milk
1-3 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
1/2 Cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Cook onions in skillet until softened, then remove.
- Cook chicken in skillet, then transfer to cutting board.
- Chop cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, cumin, salt, pepper and water. Stir in cooked onions and chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk and jalapenos to make the sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for up to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.