Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Fontina, Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 12 oz. jar marinated artichokes drained, coarsley chopped
1/2 Cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
1 Cup fontina cheese grated
1 Tbsp dried basil or fresh basil
2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In medium bowl, mix artichokes, tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half.
- Cut a 2-inch-long slit horizontally into 1 side of each piece of chicken. Move knife back and forth in the slit to form a pocket.
- Divide the cheese mixture among the chicken pockets (reserve remainder for frittata). Press edges to seal.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.