Stupid Name, Stupid Tasty
Basically, you have to make two different recipes (brownies + cookies) and then put them together. It's not rocket science.
For the Brownies
7/8 Cup cocoa powder
1 Cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
1 3/4 Cups sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Cup all-purpose flour
For the Cookies
1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
1/3 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup light brown sugar packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper.
- Make the Brownies: Stir together butter, cocoa and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and cocoa and stir well. Add flour and stir carefully.
- Make the Cookies: Cream together butter and sugars. Mix in egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread brownie batter in prepared pan.
- Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough, flatten slightly with your hands and then lay over the top of the brownies. It’ll be hard to spread because it’s thicker than the brownie batter, so it’s best to drop flattened tablespoons evenly over the batter and then press lightly with your fingers to adhere them to each other.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes until the tops are dark golden. If you test them with a toothpick in the center, the brownies won’t be totally done, so just take them out once the tops are dark golden in color.