Brie in Pastry
1 8 oz. pkg. Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 8 oz. pkg. brie
1 egg beaten
- Unroll dough and divide into 2 sections. pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place cheese round on center of dough.
- If desired, with small cookie cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square and set aside.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese and fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese and press to seal completely.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Top with cutouts. Brush with additional egg.
- Bake at 350˚ for 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving with crackers.
May want to make 2 for a large group – it goes fast!!
Brush Brie with mixture of honey and mustard first if desired.
Can use phyllo dough instead of crescent rolls.