1 1/2 Cups warm water
2 Tbsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
3 1/2 Cups bread flour
2 tsp salt
water (in spray bottle)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and foamy.
- Add 3 cups of flour and the salt. Mix well. Add remaining flour, ¼ cup at a time, until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is only slightly sticky to the touch. Knead until smooth, 5-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Punch the dough down and divide into 4 equal-sized pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Score the top of each piece and sprinkle with salt. Spray with warm water and let rise 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 minutes, then spray again with water and reduce the heat to 425 degrees. Bake 16-18 more minutes, or until golden brown.