Blueberry Streusel Muffins
These blueberry muffins are soft, fluffy, and full of juicy blueberry goodness. They’re finished with a sweet crunchy cinnamon streusel on a super high muffin top.
2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
t tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup milk (any kind, whole or buttermilk is best)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups fresh blueberries
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray or line a 12 cup muffin baking pan.
- To prepare the streusel; mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in the butter, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, mix, then add the milk and vanilla, mix again.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine using a rubber spatula until moistened. Fold in the blueberries until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with streusel and bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 375F and bake for another 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.