1 1/2 Cups light brown sugar firmly packed
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips or butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375˚.
- Butter and flour a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Put the brown sugar in the bowl of the mixer.
- Melt the butter in a glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Stir the butter into the sugar until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla into the cooled sugar mixture.
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms.
- Fold in the chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared dish and spread to evenly fill the dish.
- Bake until the blondies are light brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Invert onto a rack and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.