Baked Macaroni & Cheese
1 box macaroni
1 stick butter
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
4 Cups milk
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
16 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
1/4 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni.
- Meanwhile, melt one stick of butter in a saucepan and stir in flour, then milk (gradually), then salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Layer half of the macaroni and half of the cheese in a large baking dish. Repeat layers with remaining macaroni and cheese.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and mix gently to fill in gaps, if necessary.
- It will look like a ridiculous amount of sauce!
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs into the melted butter and sprinkle over the macaroni mixture.
- Bake at 350˚ for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Use the sharpest cheddar cheese you can find - I used Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar! :)