Baked Eggplant Parmesan
1 large eggplant , sliced into thin pieces
1/2 Cup italian breadcrumbs
1/2 Cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup parmesan shredded
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 Cups mozzarella shredded
1/2 Cup parmesan shredded
6 slices mozzarella
extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line jelly roll pans with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- In another shallow dish, whisk 2 eggs.
- Dip eggplant slices first in eggs, then in breadcrumb mixture, coating on both sides, then place on jelly roll pans.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each round and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip slices, drizzle more oil, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and lower temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a baking pan (9x9 or larger) with sauce, and place eggplant on the
- sauce layer without overlapping the slices.
- Cover eggplant with sauce, mozzerella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Continue layering 2 more layers, add slices of mozzerella on top, and sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.