6 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
1/3 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1 package Pillsbury piecrust top and bottom crust
- Grease a 9" pie plate.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, and spices and mix well.
- Add apples to sugar mixture and stir until fruit is well coated. Spoon apple mixture into pie crust.
- Place second pie crust on top of filling and trim edges.
Pinch edges with a fork and cut 3 slots in the middle to vent.
- Lightly glaze top of pie with a beaten egg, then sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake at 425˚ for 15 minutes
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.